Propexo vs. Implementation Consultant vs. Build
You have three paths for integrating into property management systems as a company. So, how do you know which one is right for your business? And, once you've decided on a direction, how do you ensure successful implementation?
Comparing Propexo to an Implementation Consultant to leveraging your internal engineering team may help you make the best decision for your company. Let's take a look at some key considerations.
Implementation consultants are an excellent option for building your integrations. They have deep knowledge and expertise with the systems and will do a great job integrating your product to spec.
There are some key considerations to keep in mind when working with an Implementation Consultant - we highly recommend you make this a part of your interview process. First, what level of visibility into the workings of the integration will they provide your team? Second, what should you expect for ongoing support?
These integrations break, and the end systems go down. So what will you do if you have a limited understanding of the integration and their services do not include ongoing support?
- Deep expertise with the end systems.
- Catered to your product.
- Preserve your engineering talent to work on YOUR product.
- It can take a long time (1-3 months).
- They will build one integration at a time.
- Will not offer continued support for when things change or break.
- Lack of visibility into the process.
Building your integrations in-house will give your team complete control and flexibility. But this can come with a high cost.
Each dollar you spend on engineering salary is a dollar not being spent on that engineer building your core product. Some integrations are easy, while others will require knowledge of SOAP APIs. Has your team thought about some necessary infrastructure around Retrying and Replaying requests? Some customers will use different fields to represent the same concept - how will you handle this?
- Complete control and ownership.
- Expensive. In-house engineers are costly resources.
- You will have to work with XML responses for the commonly used SOAP APIs in the industry.
- Run the risk of certain people holding all of the integration knowledge.
- Set up the infrastructure to handle outages.
- Have to build and maintain each integration.
Building with Propexo
Propexo's sole mission is to help accelerate innovation in the Proptech ecosystem by solving one of the most significant pain points - property management system integrations. Once implemented, you will never have to build another integration or outsource the work. You will also have a dedicated support channel with our engineering team.
Propexo is a new company, and PMS integrations are core to delivering your product. So we get it if you are initially hesitant.
- A true, universal, Property management API.
- Dedicated support.
- Clear and up-to-date documentation.
- Product UI where you can manage your account, retrieve data, provision new integrations, and more.
- Modern developer infrastructure to handle the most painful aspects of integrations.
- When PMS outages occur, we reduce the pain for you and your customers.
- Trust critical infrastructure with a new company.