Integrations are essential for proptechs serving rental organizations. Many property managers and owners will not consider purchasing new technology that doesn't integrate with their current tech stack.
So, if you're interested in building an integration with AppFolio, keep reading to get the inside scoop on how the process works!
AppFolio is a property management software company founded in 2006. The company offers products to support various rental property types, including single-family, multifamily, and affordable housing.
AppFolio serves approximately 7.7 million rental units as of June 30, 2023.
Why Integrate with AppFolio
There are many reasons to integrate with the AppFolio API. These include:
- Large & growing user base. We estimate that AppFolio is the #2 most used property management software with 7.7 million rental units. The unit count grew 13% between Q2 2022 & Q2 2023.
- Single-family rental focus. AppFolio has a solid brand in the single-family rental (SFR) market.
- New integration program. AppFolio's integration program, AppFolio Stack™, was launched in 2022. This makes it one of the newest integration programs in the industry. Additionally, there are fewer than 30 live integrations in the program today. In comparison, Yardi supports more than 300 integrations in its program. Integrating with AppFolio now could provide clear benefits with fewer competitors on the platform.
How to Integrate with AppFolio
Step 1: Submit application
To join the AppFolio Stack™ program, you must submit an online application (link here). As part of the application, you'll need to answer the following questions:
- What does your company do?
- How many AppFolio customers do you serve?
- How many AppFolio units do you serve?
- Do you have a mutual client to test the integration?
These questions are essential because AppFolio is selective about the types of companies it will allow into its program. You may not be allowed into the program, depending on your product category. For example, AppFolio has yet to admit any renters insurance, rent payment, or tenant screening companies into the Stack program. Additionally, you will need to find a mutual client willing to work with you to test the integration. If you currently have no customers using AppFolio, you cannot integrate.
Once you've submitted the application form, a member of the AppFolio partnership team will schedule time to meet with you and learn more about your business.
Step 2: Security review & approval
Next, you must submit a security compliance questionnaire to the AppFolio team.
If approved, you'll then sign the terms of service and begin work on the integration.
You should expect to pay an annual fee as part of the terms.
Step 3: Certification
Next, your team must build a functional integration and certify it works with a pilot client.
Once development and testing are completed, you'll become a certified partner, and your app will be listed in the AppFolio Stack marketplace.
That's everything you need to know to get started with an AppFolio API integration!
And if you need help with property management software integrations, let's get in touch! Propify speeds up integrations and reduces ongoing maintenance costs with our proprietary unified API. And we would love to help your team!