Integrations are essential for proptechs serving rental organizations. Many property managers and owners will not consider purchasing new technology that doesn't integrate with their current tech stack.
So, if you're interested in creating a Buildium integration, keep reading to get the inside scoop on how the process works!
Buildium is a property management software company founded in 2006. The company offers products to support various rental property types, including single-family, commercial, and student housing.
Buildium serves more than 2 million residential units worldwide.
RealPage acquired Buildium in 2019. The Buildium product remains separate from OneSite, RealPage's property management software offering.
Why Integrate with Buildium
There are many reasons to integrate with the Buildium API. These include:
- Single-family rental focus. Buildium has a solid brand in the single-family rental (SFR) market.
- Free and open API. Buildium is one of the few companies in the industry that allows customers to self-provision API credentials to any vendor they wish.
- Modern API. The Buildium API is one of the best we've seen. It is based on the REST format and offers webhooks, a feature typically absent from property management software APIs.
How to Integrate with Buildium
There are two paths to building a Buildium integration. We will describe both options below.
Path 1: Open API Integration
To take advantage of Buildium's free, open API, you must find a Buildium customer on the Premium price tier. Only Buildium Premium customers can create API credentials for vendors.
Once you've found the customer and received the API credential, you can build your integration using the Buildium API documentation.
If you do not have customers paying for Buildium Premium or want your integration to be available for all Buildium customers, you should consider a Buildium Marketplace Integration.
Path 2: Buildium Marketplace Integration
Buildium Marketplace is a great way to get your product in front of all Buildium's customers. Unlike the open API integration, Marketplace integrations are available to any Buildium customer, regardless of price tier.
Here's how to become a Buildium Marketplace partner:
- Apply online. The first step is to submit this form to the Buildium partnership team.
- Meet with the Buildium partnerships team. Next, you will need to meet with the Buildium team to answer questions about your business, goals for the partnership and provide a demo. You must also answer technical and security questions during the screening process.
- Get sandbox access to Buildium. Once you've passed the screening process, you'll receive sandbox access to Buildium to start working on your integration.
- Sign commercial agreement. You must sign a contract with Buildium to become an official marketplace partner. You should expect to pay a revenue share as part of the agreement.
That's everything you need to know to get started with a Buildium API integration!
And if you need help with property management software integrations, let's get in touch! Propify speeds up integrations and reduces ongoing maintenance costs with our proprietary unified API. And we would love to help your team!